The church is dedicated to St. Helen. It is a Gothic style building of
stone and brick, rebuilt in 1850 and restored in 1913. It seats about
60 people and is beautifully situated in parkland, much visited by
walkers on the Viking Way. Occasional services are held each year,
including a well-attended Harvest Thanksgiving Service.
Biscathorpe is the smallest village/ hamlet within the parish situated
off the A.157 Lincoln/Louth road with a population of approximately 12
adults, largely involved in agriculture. Children from the area attend
primary schools in Donington-on-Bain and secondary schools in Louth,
Horncastle or Market Rasen. There are no local amenities in the hamlet
itself. Transport is provided on request by the Lincolnshire County
Council Inter-Connect service.