The church, dedicated to St. Peter is one of the smallest in the Parish of the Asterby Group and plays an important part in the lives of the small community of Gayton. It is a small brick building, restored in 1888 when a west porch was added, with seating for around 50 people. The building is in good repair and the churchyard is kept tidy by local volunteers. Services are held 4 or 5 times a year and include a Harvest Service and a service during the Christmas period. Recently a well supported Snowdrop Festival Weekend has been held in February with many visitors coming from around the county. The church is always open during daylight hours which is much appreciated by the many ramblers exploring this beautiful area. Ample parking for services and other events is available thanks to the co-operation of the local farmer and there is easy wheelchair access to the church building.
There is no church building in GRIMBLETHORPE.
Gayton-le-Wold is a small hamlet, which includes Grimblethorpe, 6 miles to the west of Louth, just off the A157. Beautifully situated, it is very rural and mostly agricultural. Its population is approximately 20 of a mixed age group. The housing is mostly farmhouses and farm cottages.
There are no amenities in the hamlet. Local children attend the primary schools in Donington-on-Bain or Ludford and secondary school in Louth. Transport is provided by Lincolnshire County Council Inter-Connect service or from the Main Road where the main bus service from Mablethorpe to Lincoln can be picked up.
Churchwardens contact details can be found in the 'Who' section.