For information on Safeguarding click here
The church, dedicated to All Saints, is to be found at the top edge of
the village. The building, consecrated in 1908/9 is small and simple. There are no facilities, apart from an outside tap. Structurally the
building is sound but some internal repairs and decorating is required. Occasional services are held during the year but the building is always
open to visitors and there is easy wheelchair access. Parking for
about 6 cars is available on the grass verge outside the building.
There are two churchyards. The new churchyard (surrounding the church
building) is maintained on a regular basis and an up-to-date churchyard
plan is available. The original churchyard, situated to the north of
the church, is still open for burials.
The small village of Goulceby is located in the Lincolnshire Wolds,
midway between Horncastle and Louth with the River Bain running through
the village. The most attractive character of the village is its setting
within the surrounding countryside and its peacefulness. The rural
feeling is largely derived from the typical country lanes within the
village and the views of open countryside from them.
There are 99
households in the village. Village children attend the local primary
and secondary school. The population is largely middle-aged and/or
retired. Most of the properties are detached, built during the 1970s
and 1980s. The village has no amenities and public transport is
provided by the Lincolnshire County Council Inter-Connect service.