For information on Safeguarding click here
The church, dedicated to St. German, is quite a distance from the main body of the village (½ mile) and is, therefore, quite isolated. It of a reasonable size, in good condition and well-cared for. The churchyard is well maintained and there is an up-to-date churchyard plan available. Because of its isolation, the church is kept locked. Car parking for the church is available on the roadside grass verge outside the church.
Ranby is very small village spread out on both sides of the B 1225. In spite of the absence of amenities it has a good community spirit. There is a population of approximately 44 persons. Of these 10 are retired, 8 connected with agriculture the remainder employed in various professional and self-employed occupations. Children from the village attend the local primary and secondary schools. Housing is varied from farm houses, to converted barns to tied cottages and some rented accommodation. There is no public transport apart from a call-connect bus service supporting Horncastle, Louth and outlying villages.
Churchwarden details can be found in the 'Who section'.