The church, built in 1892 and dedicated to St. Nicholas, stands on the side of the Asterby to Donington-on-Bain road and is well maintained. Services are held on a regular basis as part of the service rota for the parish (on 5th Sundays at present).
Inside the building are two alabaster tablets dedicated to a noble 16/17th century Spanish family as well as a list of all incumbents to the parish, from the first incumbent Stephen, Archdeacon of Coutances, 1214 to the present day. The churchyard is well cared for.
The village is a scattered rural community of approximately 19 people. Much of the housing stock consists of tied cottages, well built and well-maintained, with a large hall and other private detached houses. Many of the residents work for the local estate which is well-known for its innovative organic farming practices.
There are no amenities in the village or regular public transport and children from the village attend the local primary school in Donington-on-Bain or Scamblesby and secondary school in either Louth or Horncastle.
Churchwarden details can be found in the 'Who section'.